By submitting this Scholarship Application the submitter certifies that the student meets the following eligibility requirements:
- A student applicant must be a member of Catholic Financial Life for at least one full year (with a New England Chapter policy) at time of application (i.e, the applicant must be insured with Catholic Financial Life under his/her own policy – individuals insured under a family plan do not qualify).
- A student applicant must be registered at or accepted for full-time studies at a 2 or 4 year accredited college or university.
- A student applicant must have an original policy from a chapter in New England to be considered for a scholarship from SJBEF.
Part-time students do not qualify.
- Students may apply for a scholarship from January 1, 2022 through February 28, 2022.
- Scholarship applicants are evaluated based on the following criteria:
1. Scholastic Achievement
2. Volunteer Services
3. Character and leadership abilities in school, parish, and community
- Students must apply between January 1, 2022 through February 28, 2022.
- A student must maintain a 2.0 GPA in order to be eligible or considered for an award.
- Application & Summary of Volunteer Service Form must be completely filled out to be eligible for a scholarship.
- College students must submit an original (and current) Fall transcript with seal from their college.
- High school seniors (entering college freshman) must submit their high school grades.
- Student must be enrolled full time in a two or four year accredited institution.
- Student will be informed of the scholarship by June 1, 2022.
- Applications may be submitted online at www.sjbef.org
- Hard copy applications are sent to: SJBEF, P.O. Box 496, North Attleboro, MA 02761
- Scholarship checks will be made payable to the student.
- Chapter and Policy Information required on the application may be obtained by calling Catholic Financial Life at 1-800-927-2547
- NOTE: The Foundation’s general scholarships awarded varies year to year depending on the amount of income available and generated by the SJBEF Trust Fund.
- Student must be a member for one full year at time of application deadline meaning he/she must have his/her own life insurance certificate or an annuity.
- Preference will be given to students who performed volunteer hours for a Catholic Financial Life chapter; and/or Saint Vincent de Paul Society; local parish or a non-profit organization.
- Student must complete the Summary of Volunteer Service Form and submit it with the application.
HOW TO APPLY
- You can apply online by clicking the “Apply Online Now” button below.
- You can apply through mail:
1. Download the PDF version of the Application
(Adobe Reader is required to view the PDF if you do not have Adobe Reader you can download it using the button below.)
2. Download the PDF version of the Volunteer Form
3. Once you have filled out the PDF you must meet the following requirements:
A. Both must be filled out completely, sent to the SJBEF postmarked by February 28th, 2022.
B. Send the application and volunteer form to: Scholarship, c/o SJBEF, P.O. Box 496, North Attleboro, MA 02761
C. Please keep a copy for your records as well.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee an applicant is eligible for a general scholarship. Once a completed application is received, verification will be made of the student’s membership with Catholic Financial Life.
- If you do not have Adobe Reader you can download it using the button below:
- Upon receipt of scholarship application and Summary of Volunteer Service Form, student will receive acknowledgement of submitted documents.
- Verification will be made of student’s Catholic Financial Life membership. Non-members will receive a notice that their application is declined.
- Student must have an original (and current) Fall transcript with seal sent by their college or high school for entering freshmen to: SJBEF, P.O. Box 496, North Attleboro, MA 02761
- Submitting an application does not guarantee an applicant is eligible for a general scholarship.
- Seminarians who have been informed by their Vocations Director that they are eligible for a SJBEF scholarship may apply by downloading the pdf below.
- Applications may be submitted online using the link below or by scanning and saving the pdf on your computer and then emailing it as an attachment to email@example.com.
- Or, an application may be submitted by mailing it to: SJBEF, P.O. Box 496, North Attleboro, MA 02761
- Download the PDF version of the application.